We are passionate about the professional development of our people and we strive to create opportunities that support their career objectives. As a growing accounting practice there is opportunity for all staff to grow with us.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a flexible work schedule.
Why join us?
- Great Technology – We continue to invest in technology to allow our staff to focus on meaningful work
- Great Team Members – We have a solid group who are committed to service excellence in our profession
- Work Life Balance – Ascend is committed to be a great employer in our community; our staff enjoy flexible work schedules
- Professional Development – We see huge value by investing in continual learning
As Manager, the role provides leadership to staff members to plan, coordinate, execute and monitor work being performed.
- Guide staff members in the preparation and review of client engagements which may include: audit, review, compilation, corporate tax, personal tax, estate tax, bookkeeping, compliance, tax research and accounting work
- Assist Senior Manager(s) and team members in most aspects of corporate client files
- Provides support and guidance to staff members on matters where issues are not readily apparent and substantial additional research may be necessary. Solutions typically involve the development of new approaches, tactics and initiatives to resolve the issue or problem
- Keep up to date on the content and practical applications of tax, accounting and assurance standards
- Demonstrate a professional commitment to learning in knowing how to access, research and utilize technical materials
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- CPA designation in good standing
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public practice in a Leadership role with 2 or more staff members reporting to you
- A combination of public practice and private industry work would be a great asset
- Proven ability to recognize planning opportunities for individuals and their businesses
- Knowledge and practical experience in Canadian tax– personal, corporate, excise
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience in Canadian GAAPs – ASPE and ASNFPO
- Profile, Cantax, TaxPrep, Caseware/Caseview, Jazzit, Excel
- Leadership is not a title; it’s a demonstration of ow to respond given any situation or circumstance
- When faced with complex client files involving many factors, you enjoy managing all of the variables; aligning and arranging them into the most efficient manner
- Eager to learn with a natural curiosity around the changes & trends in accounting
- The ability to keep things in perspective when faced with problems or challenges that are out of the ordinary
- Giving back to the community is part of a full and rewarding life
- We welcome all qualified applicants - our diversity reflects the community we serve
- Travel (within the province) at 25% over the course of the year is expected; therefore, a valid drivers license is needed
- Relocation assistance is available
- 2 professional references will be required
- Skill testing will be part of the hiring process
- Criminal background check and credit check will be required